On many occasions I have published security tools and applications to protect USB ports in Windows OS. USB port is the most unsecure location where anybody can insert any hacking device or a pen drive to get their dirty hands on your important/secure information to misuse them.
You can easily protect your PC from any type of virus using the antivirus program but securing your data from hardware hacking is something to look for, as it is a big threat.
In Windows there isno application or options that disable USB ports in Windows but there is one small application called Windows USB Blocker, a freeware tool that can block or unblock USB ports on any Windows system.
You can also block USB ports by changing in system Registry but this would be tricky and not safe, so betting on USB Blocker tool is very helpful for you. USB Blocker tool “Block USB Port” is very easy to use and you can block or unlock USB ports with single click.
Just start this tool and click on Block USB Port button and your USB Ports will be blocked and secured. I know that many of my loving readers would think that it will block all USB devices like USB Keyboard, Wi-Fi adapter and other similar devices but not to worry!.
USB Blocker will block only USB ports for only external storage devices like Pen drives or external hard drives.
To un-block all the blocked USB ports start the application again and click on Unblock USB Port button.
Windows USB Blocker Features:
- A free USB Blocker tool to block or unblock USB
- Blocks only USB Storage Devices (USB Sticks/Disks)
- Simple tool with cool GUI interface
- Displays current USB block status
- No need to log off or restart the system
- Fully portable, does not require any .NET or other dependencies
- Includes Installer for local installation & un-installation
- Works on both 32-bit & 64-bit systems from Windows XP to Windows 8
For new user, developers has also added a small help button at the bottom-right of this tool.